• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Fall palm/yard pics

surgeon83

Plants really do grow. Sometimes when something is planted, you forget just how small it was and that time keeps marching on.

PS, I still see alot of open space for more though. :D

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

This is what our sky looks like in July

bananaleavesbluesky.jpg

PS- Jeff- how right you are.  I'm glad I finally have a camera so I can document the changes!

Zone 10B, starting 07/01/2013

Your patio is a sure sign of palm-aholic. small palms scattered in pots all over.

You had some great growth for one summer.

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

Dear Surgeon  :)

that's a nice house you got there,i see some of

my favouriate plants well stocked,they are_

Foxtail,travellers,yucca,canary date,pulmeria,cycas revolata,washingtonia,musa paradise & also that

beautiful U.S flag in that beautiful garden.

and to which U.S state does this location belong ?

thanks for sharing those nice stills.

Love,

Kris(India).

love conquers all..

43278.gif

100_0909.jpg

100_0906.jpg

100_0907.jpg

nice pics but you can still see the house!soon it will look like my yard :P

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Paul, you're a freak!........I love it!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

People see my yard and they usually guess I might be into palms. Theres no guessing going on at your place.

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

(palmsrgreat @ Oct. 10 2006,14:50)

What is the palm on the right in the 4th picture from the top? Thanks.

majestybacksmall.jpg

You mean this one?  Its a good old majesty.  Not my biggest, but probably the healthiest in the ground.

redant:  Yeah I need to go to some PA meetings.  I went a little hypomanic and bought 34 seedlings online this time last year- that's what most of the pots are.

Kris- Thank you for the compliments.  Every one is my favorite too!  The state is Texas and the flag was actually placed in every front yard with a business card by a real estate company who comes by every year near Independence Day.  

pohonkelapa: You obviously caught the bug long before I did.  I suppose your method of beautifying the house would have been less labor intensive than my method of sanding down all the trim, repainting the house, replacing the windows, and replacing the garage door.  Not to mention maintaining the grass :)

All feel free to add pics :)

Zone 10B, starting 07/01/2013

Thanks surgeon. I'm in Houston and see a good amount of Majesty's around. I wasn't under the impression that they would survive too well here. But, I'm seeing a few here and there.

Surgeon83

Great looking yard as usual.

Palmsgreat,

I may be mistaken but depending on where you live in houston you may not be able to grow them...

there are several of them on the island that have several feet of clear trunk...

Its amazing to me that the difference between galveston and league city for instance is 10 degrees in an average winter...

Allen

Galveston Island Tx

9a/9b

8' Elevation

Sandy Soil

Jan Avgs 50/62

Jul Avgs 80/89

Average Annual Rainfall 43.5"

Great stuff!  I'll bet you can pack more in.  Making space is half the fun.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Dear Pohonkelapa  :)

those garden stills are terrefic,and do you have

in your garden both green & silver form of bismarkia,

as it appears like that.

and is your garden lit at evenings to give a cool look ?

iam perticular that your silver biz should be lighted up

using landscape specilized lightings.

because it will be a visual delight for people who cross

you property.

Love,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Surge!

You operate well!

Yeah, yeah, I know I KNOW it's a [expletive] cliche but your garden rocks, and so does your clime, and I get pissed at the God Hurrican who'd have the gall to wipe your little paradise clean . . .

Sob.

That said, I repeat, your place rocks.

More pics, and safety from the (other) Big H . . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.