• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Gopher Snake

MattyB

I saw something squirming around the base of my house last night in the dark and lookey what I found :D

11-5-10-002.jpg

11-5-10-004.jpg

A baby gopher snake! These guys get really large! I found a gopher hole and let him go right down in it. I watched for a few minutes but he was in there and didn't come out. Hopefully he'll catch the gopher in there.

th_11-5-10-015.jpg

Click for a video featuring my improving Aussie accent! Thanks to Colin and Troy and Danyelle's visit I've almost got it down pat.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Matt,

Be careful Spring Valley Gopher Snakes like to eat palms in the Dypsis family! ha, ha.

I saw something squirming around the base of my house last night in the dark and lookey what I found :D

11-5-10-002.jpg

11-5-10-004.jpg

A baby gopher snake! These guys get really large! I found a gopher hole and let him go right down in it. I watched for a few minutes but he was in there and didn't come out. Hopefully he'll catch the gopher in there.

th_11-5-10-015.jpg

Click for a video featuring my improving Aussie accent! Thanks to Colin and Troy and Danyelle's visit I've almost got it down pat.

Scott Jaykell

San Diego, California

Zone 10b, location 10 miles inland from the ocean

And the accent judge is ?

And who's Pat ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Wal has supplied my latest script to practice my OZ on. Have a go at it

palm wreckage.wav

mikes joint.wav

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Matty,

hopefully you'll be able to keep him(or her) around.....they are great snakes for eliminating rodents........and right now the mommas are in their dens breeding new ones.........great snakes, and they keep pests (sometimes of the human kind) out of the garden.

Post a sign....'Vicious snakes on property. Cross at your own peril.'

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"