• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Encephalartos cycad seeds for sale!

yachtingone

I have three kinds of South African cycad seed available.

I have Encephalartos natalensis from the Msinganus area of South Africa. These can grow to 13' and get 18" in diameter. The have beautiful dark green leaves that can get to 8' long.

The pics bellow are of the seed for sale and a E. natalensis in my backyard.

post-1270-065067000 1291665910_thumb.jpg post-1270-062769000 1291666208_thumb.jpg

I also have Encephalartos natalensis X woodii seed. The pic bellow is the seed available. I will take a pic of the mother plant soon and post it on this thread.

post-1270-068805200 1291665907_thumb.jpg

Prices are the same on these seed;

10 seeds for $27.50 or $2.75 each

100 seed for $225.00 or $2.25 each

I also have Encephalartos longifolius Joubertina blue form. The pic bellow is of the seed for sale. The pic of the plant is one I have in my garden. These are a stunningly hot looking plants! The leaf form and color is the best!

post-1270-036057100 1291665904_thumb.jpg post-1270-076290900 1291666160_thumb.jpg

Price is $59.95 for 10 seed.

Shipping is $10.00 know matter how much you buy!

Thanks for looking!

Randy

(951)733-5082

test

30 seeds of the E. longifolius is left.

All of the seed was float tested and the floaters were removed. Germination should be 50% or higher.

test

I am sold out of E. natalensis X woodii. I did manage to pick up 100 more of the E. longifolius Joubertina blue seed!

I am going to be selling a very rare leaf form of E. longifolius later this week. There is a field of about 250 coneing E. longifolius Joubertina blue cycads. Out of the 250 plants 5 are of the very rare E. longifolius Joubertina blunt tip fishtail blue form.

I am going to take pics tomarro of the parent plants. This is probably the first time that this recessive traight has been produced in the USA! There was under 500 seed produced. I got 100 of them. I will be selling 50 seed!

Stay tuned,

Randy

test

I am sold out of E. natalensis X woodii. I did manage to pick up 100 more of the E. longifolius Joubertina blue seed!

I am going to be selling a very rare leaf form of E. longifolius later this week. There is a field of about 250 coneing E. longifolius Joubertina blue cycads. Out of the 250 plants 5 are of the very rare E. longifolius Joubertina blunt tip fishtail blue form.

I am going to take pics tomarro of the parent plants. This is probably the first time that this recessive traight has been produced in the USA! There was under 500 seed produced. I got 100 of them. I will be selling 50 seed!

Stay tuned,

Randy

only 30 seeds left

test

Stay tuned,

Randy

only 30 seeds left

How much are these seeds???

Shad ,

Nice to meet you today! Like you I look foward to growing E. longifolius blunt tip fishtail blue plants!

For everyone else the seed is $15.00 each.

Randy

test

Shad ,

Nice to meet you today! Like you I look foward to growing E. longifolius blunt tip fishtail blue plants!

For everyone else the seed is $15.00 each.

Randy

Nice to meet you too Randy. Thanks for showing me around the yard. You have a lot of beautiful plants. Thanks for the plants and seed. Let me know when the other plants are ready for me.

Shad

I only have E. natalensis left! I am sold out of E. natalensis X woodii & E. longifolius joubertina blue seed.

Thanks for the intrest!

Randy

test

• 10 years later...