• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Butia X Parajubaea sunkha

freakypalmguy

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

I keep forgetting who owns this palm...

I believe it's @Matt N- Dallas 

Mine was bought as an 8x12 and has been in thr ground 2 months. It's a must have hybrid from Patric imo JxS is my holy grail hybrid 

T J 

20220727_180724.jpg

T J 

40 minutes ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

I believe it's @Matt N- Dallas 

Mine was bought as an 8x12 and has been in thr ground 2 months. It's a must have hybrid from Patric imo JxS is my holy grail hybrid 

T J 

Tbh I think bxpjt and possibly bxbjs will give jxs a run for it’s money. I have all three and like the former two as much or more then the jxs 

I tried bxhoe but think it’s a dud, hence he doesn’t do it anymore. Bxwed I just fear will be too tender for me. 

Edited by RJ

51 minutes ago, RJ said:

have all three and like the former two as much or more then the jxs 

Got an update pic of your jxs? 

54 minutes ago, RJ said:

Tbh I think bxpjt and possibly bxbjs will give jxs a run for it’s money.

Well I got the BxPJT and I'm totally digging it and hoping for Big things from it. @meteorologistpalmguy JxS was absolutely stunning and I wish we could find a way to know if it survived Palmageddon. My guess it didnt with new owners not knowing how to take care of a spear pulled palm. Who knows tho anything is possible maybe we will see it on Google earth one day haha 

BxLytoWedd I expect to have the perfect climate for, so I'm guessing if it turns out to be anything like @Matt N- Dallas palm ill be super stoked. 

T J 

• Like 1

T J 

4 hours ago, NWpalms@206 said:

Got an update pic of your jxs? 

I can grab one, mine are all pot bound as my new house and home for them is currently being built. They won’t hit the ground till next spring at best . 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so excited, I am purchasing(hopefully) one of these beautiful palms. It will be a privilege to own one of Patric’s famous hybrids, yes I sound like a fan boy, but come on, this man’s work is legendary. 

3 hours ago, McClell.Col829 said:

yes I sound like a fan boy, but come on, this man’s work is legendary. 

100% truth here alot of us feel the same way. Who wants just a normal mule. Been there done that, all my Patric hybrids get the prime spots in the front bed. 

T J 

• Like 1

T J 

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, RJ said:

Okay first pic is bxpjc second and third are bxpjs

FD6587A6-D15B-47B6-8F97-3EACFA242DD6.jpeg

AD777405-6E83-413E-AEBC-B877DED735DC.jpeg

image.jpg

Hello,

what does he look like now ?

Éric