• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jastins Garden, Troy & Dooms Dave PRA number six !

Tassie_Troy1971

After being Veleezed to i the max Dooms Dave and i boarded the Cadillac of DooM tm and made our way down the FWY to Jastin ( my Bismarckias can take 130f ) place in Oceanside .

1.25 min of video footage aboard the Cadillac of DooM tm as we cruised the 24 lane wide El Toro interchange

click here

After landing at Jastin's we were very impressed by the great range of establishing palms .

The famous cooked Bismarckia !

IMG_3937.jpg

Lovely Rhopalostylis sapida !

IMG_3941.jpg

Rhopalostylis Chatham islands

IMG_3942.jpg

Dypsis decipiens

IMG_3939.jpg

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

Sorry This one is Rhopy Chatham islands

IMG_3940.jpg

Parajubaea

IMG_3938.jpg

Despite Jastin Saying his soil was not good to work with , Dooms concluded that it was river silt and full of crunchy goodness and minerals .

Hammer turned up (pictured ) and palmofire for a few hours of live palmtalk !

IMG_3936.jpg

Jastin's place is an inspiration for any young person that want to create an exotic palm garden and his hard work is showing through !

Cheers Troy

Old Beach ,Hobart
Cool Maritime climate

Still can't believe you packed in those long drives to San Diego from LA and back with many stops inbetween.

Justin, you have a great start to your garden.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

After being Veleezed to i the max Dooms Dave and i boarded the Cadillac of DooM tm and made our way down the FWY to Jastin ( my Bismarckias can take 130f ) place in Oceanside .

The famous cooked Bismarckia !

IMG_3937.jpg

Not 130F, it got cooked to 190F.

So what's the deal Troy? I've been waiting for those photos from Darold's garden in San Francisco. What? Darold wasn't wearing red tennis shoes? I guess Norcal was probably pretty underwelming after all those amazing Southern California palm gardens.

Still can't believe you packed in those long drives to San Diego from LA and back with many stops inbetween.

Justin, you have a great start to your garden.

Mr. Spinal Column believes!

And, Jastin's place is great. Hope I'm right about river bottom silt.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Oh, yeah, that El Toro "Y" is an impressive intersection, even when you travel it regularly. Troy caught me on the infamous "511" system, which we use to try to forecast the mess that lay ahead. That turned out not to be too bad that day, a Sunday, if I recall.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Jastin your garden is looking great. I can't wait to see it after another few years. In the few years I've been seeing it thing are really on the move!

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

I can't help but notice all the stylish shoes in this thread.

We can certainly agree on stylish footgear, if nothing else . . .

Axel

"So what's the deal Troy? I've been waiting for those photos from
Darold's garden in San Francisco. What? Darold wasn't wearing red tennis
shoes? I guess Norcal was probably pretty underwelming after all those
amazing Southern California palm gardens. "

Whoa there hoss ! :greenthumb: i am going to cover every palm garden in Chronological order after the pictures have been sorted and subsequently uploaded to photobucket for big picture enjoyment . I will definitely be putting up the Bay area gardens as i find them very interesting due to the similar climate etc . Having visited your place i can certainly say that you have a unique microclimate and i reckon that one or two of those bizzys will do really well like Jim's in Los Altos .

Besides i have been very busy and time poor lately :bemused: !

Troy

Old Beach ,Hobart
Cool Maritime climate

Axel

"So what's the deal Troy? I've been waiting for those photos from

Darold's garden in San Francisco. What? Darold wasn't wearing red tennis

shoes? I guess Norcal was probably pretty underwelming after all those

amazing Southern California palm gardens. "

Whoa there hoss ! :greenthumb: i am going to cover every palm garden in Chronological order after the pictures have been sorted and subsequently uploaded to photobucket for big picture enjoyment . I will definitely be putting up the Bay area gardens as i find them very interesting due to the similar climate etc . Having visited your place i can certainly say that you have a unique microclimate and i reckon that one or two of those bizzys will do really well like Jim's in Los Altos .

Besides i have been very busy and time poor lately :bemused: !

Troy

Pant pant pant -- post when you can Troy!

licky licky -- the sooner the better!

URCK!