• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Complaint

clinton9

Hey members,

I were going to post the two photoes in my topic "Heliconia tortuosa cv Red Twister flower at latitude 37oS.", but this website pissed me off when it issued "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Then I tried a new topic, but this website angered me again when it issused "

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Help needed

Clinton.

No need for anger here. Tell me what extension it is that you are trying to use and I'll see if I can make it acceptable. But I don't know of any photo extension that is not allowed. Perhaps you are doing something wrong and it has nothing to do with the forum at all.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Yesterday, I were going to put two photoes of my flowering heliconia tortuosa in my topic "Heliconia tortuosa cv Red Twister flower at latitude 37oS" which were started by me on 12/1/14.

I am a nurseryman (sell plants) and I were going to post the photoes of heliconias and subtropical plants only.

I am very interested in heliconias & ornamental banana plants.

I wish this website would stop issusing the words "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." as this will put members"s minds off about posting photoes in this website.

Edited by clinton9

Dean, I have experienced that. Usually I just convert the image to jpg and take care of it that way. It must either be gif or png, probably the later.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Dean, I have experienced that. Usually I just convert the image to jpg and take care of it that way. It must either be gif or png, probably the later.

I upload .png all the time. I believe gifs are also allowed. I'll bet the file is just too large and that error is the default error message for whatever browser he is using.

I upload .png all the time. I believe gifs are also allowed. I'll bet the file is just too large and that error is the default error message for whatever browser he is using.

Certainly could be that. It happened to me only once or twice. I never paid it much mind. Next time I have an insomnia night I'll play around with it to see if I can duplicate it. Certainly nothing to lose sleep about, unless you are already losing sleep, lol.

Edit: Check out this link. http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/you-are-not-allowed-to-use-that-image-extension-with-jpg-images-r40345

Edit 2: I got this message when attempting to upload a TIFF (Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file)

Haven't tried to upload a RAW file yet.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am perfectly happy with the board as it is as far as allowed image types. Now I am just curious.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I believe I can allow any type file to be uploaded. But since a TIFF is so large, and RAW is generally unprocessed, I have seen no need to allow them. And some RAW are even proprietary, allowing only those with the proper software to view. In essence, I don't think there is one .raw format.

Edit:

Your link refers to Ver. 3.4.1

The bug was fixed in Ver. 3.4.2

We are running Ver. 3.4.5

I believe I can allow any type file to be uploaded. But since a TIFF is so large, and RAW is generally unprocessed, I have seen no need to allow them. And some RAW are even proprietary, allowing only those with the proper software to view. In essence, I don't think there is one .raw format.

Edit:

Your link refers to Ver. 3.4.1

The bug was fixed in Ver. 3.4.2

We are running Ver. 3.4.5

Ah, didn't know the current version, but like I said. I see no need to make any changes. If some one can't manage to get the image into jpeg, gif, or png, well!

I tried to post two photoes of flowering heliconia tortuosa, but this website said "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." again.

I think owner of this website, had his computer not working, unable to accept photoes as my photoes.

I tried to post two photoes of flowering heliconia tortuosa, but this website said "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." again.

I think owner of this website, had his computer not working, unable to accept photoes as my photoes.

Clinton, tell us a bit more. What device are you using, computer, tablet, phone, etc? If computer, what OS? What browser? Lots of folks here will try to help and would love to see your pics, but give us come clues.

OK, I am done here. Good luck Dean.

Clinton, I see you successfully posted some very nice photos yesterday in the following format.

• IMG_20140112_192646.jpg

165.44 KB

• IMG_20140112_192440.jpg

261.46 KB

If you do the same again, you will be successful. I have no idea what format or style you are working with now.

IMG_20140215_194123_zpsae33859c

IMG_20140215_194303_zps3bcdf5be

If you use the .jpg versions - as you did the others - you will be able to upload.

I know this bug, it's not the file type, this warning occurs when you try to embedd an image that has a cgi url, i.e. there is no file extension or its a cgi url.

I know this bug, it's not the file type, this warning occurs when you try to embedd an image that has a cgi url, i.e. there is no file extension or its a cgi url.

Axel,

He was not trying to link to a photo, but upload one.