• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

If the Moon were only 1 pixel

_Keith

• Upvote 1

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Keith, you're sounding a bit desperate to get back out here again . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

site doesn't work for me, can't scroll

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

You have to scroll laterally, use the arrow on bottom or drag the scroll bar

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

use the arrow keys to scroll I figured that out all on my own with no help from Steve Toad

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

You have to scroll laterally, use the arrow on bottom or drag the scroll bar

Took me a couple of minutes to figure out to use the arrow key to scroll. Not sure how to do it on a phone.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

:bemused: empty :crying: alone :blink2: Isolation :bummed: what is nothing, shouldn't it be something?

nothing is that which puts something into perspective

Loved this!

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

use the arrow keys to scroll I figured that out all on my own with no help from Steve Toad

I'm kind of a big deal.

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

I was looking at Jupiter just the other night from my back yard.

j2014-02-19-02-53UT.jpg

Imaging the solar system is one of my hobbies.

http://www.egrafton.com

Ed in Houston

Nice shot! What kind of telescope was that with? I've got a mead scg 8". I got a few shots of Saturn, Jupiter and andromeda that came out pretty good but not as good as this. Are you stacking?

I've been to your page before too when I was really into astrophotography. Great stuff!

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

I was looking at Jupiter just the other night from my back yard.

j2014-02-19-02-53UT.jpg

Imaging the solar system is one of my hobbies.

http://www.egrafton.com

Ed in Houston

Nice shot! What kind of telescope was that with? I've got a mead scg 8". I got a few shots of Saturn, Jupiter and andromeda that came out pretty good but not as good as this. Are you stacking?

I've been to your page before too when I was really into astrophotography. Great stuff!

The scope is a Celestron 14 inch diameter. Yes this is a composite of about 2000 averaged (stacked) images of about .02 seconds each.

The scope looks something like this. Mine did not come with the accessory shown.

cg14.jpg

Ed in Houston

For what it's worth, I took a cool pic of the moon and Venus above, at least I think it was Venus.

post-51-0-39837400-1394111292_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

It's nice to be here on Earth where I can breathe! I only made it as far as Mars.

Sort makes it seem like a real freak accident in the movie Gravity that George Clooney and Sandra Bullock would find their spaceship destroyed by flying debris in all that empty space.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

its not that empty,its actually full of stuff according to this weird physics book i am reading but no one else believes anything

that i tell em that i have learned therein. or something.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

its not that empty,its actually full of stuff according to this weird physics book i am reading but no one else believes anything

that i tell em that i have learned therein. or something.

Good point.

I read the film was supposed to be extremely realistic as far as physics, etc., so I looked it up, and apparently the debris storm is a very real possibility according to the Kessler syndrome. But I don't believe you, Paul. :mrlooney:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.