• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

I need an attalea in my life. I was in awe the first time I saw one at the brooklyn or washington DC (can't remember which one) botanical garden.

LA | NY | OC

Thanks Len! This thread must have been well hidden somewhere. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up in the past when I posted pics of both those places.

I notice a lot of growth to some of those palms. A full coverage thread in the near future is coming. It'll be cool to see how much bigger they are now.

I need an attalea in my life. I was in awe the first time I saw one at the brooklyn or washington DC (can't remember which one) botanical garden.

I feel your pain bro.post-9726-0-98973400-1437459668_thumb.jp

I just had to have one. Or two actually.:)

Thanks Len! This thread must have been well hidden somewhere. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up in the past when I posted pics of both those places.

I notice a lot of growth to some of those palms. A full coverage thread in the near future is coming. It'll be cool to see how much bigger they are now.

It seems most have grown a lot. Look at the size of the Copernicia macroglossa you posted now. Only get that type growth in the desert in Cali.

A few of the plants in the photos from the 2011 post were sold and in other peoples gardens now.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

It seems most have grown a lot. Look at the size of the Copernicia macroglossa you posted now. Only get that type growth in the desert in Cali.

A few of the plants in the photos from the 2011 post were sold and in other peoples gardens now.

Yes that one keeps getting BIGGER! I didn't notice much growth on the bailey or the fallaenses though.

That's interesting. I wonder which palms were sold. And why. I wonder if anyone ever tried buying that attalea.