• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Time for another ultra rare palm thread.

Mandrew968

Yeah, it's about time to show some picutres of a species of palm, many folks never knew existed, let alone seen or touched. Coccothrinax elegans from Cuba. I was lucky enough to walk by this new planting on Friday. It's the second one I have ever seen. Amazing and I wish I had 30 of them...

elegans1.jpg

• Upvote 6

The first time I saw this palm was at a friend's house, in Cutler Bay. I had never heard of Coccothrinax elegans until then. 

elegans2.jpg

elegans3.jpg

• Upvote 7

Pretty little palm!

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

OK I am ready to go back to Cuba just to see this one in habitat!

Next best will be to stop by the Miami Botanical Gardens again to see it! 

Thanks!

Cindy Adair

VERY COOL. even comes in its own bag.

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Nice Gene, that licuala behind it looks pretty good also. The wind here shreds them

aloha

Gene !!!! Gene who???? Oh! that guy who  has that incredible  collection that use to update every year. What ever happened to Him???? HINT:P

On October 27, 2016 at 7:29:35 PM, Gbarce said:

Copernicia fallaense

DSC_0767.JPG

DSC_0766.JPG

Really glad to hear from you Gene and absolutely stunning photo! Welcome back as we have missed you!

Cindy Adair