• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

HELP with some diseases

beliz1985

Hi, 

I've go 2 issues: Areca catechu with leaf spots and Archontophoenix Alexandrea with dunno what. That fungal or whichever disease just killed one of its leaves and I can see these spots on other petioles. As I read here, hydrogen peroxide is very effective. I've bought 3% H. Peroxide. How would I treat the plants? Shall I dilute the peroxide 50/50 with water or not? Spray on the spots or just water the plant pots through?

Attaching the pics!

Thanks for your help in advance :)

20180504_115136.jpg

20180504_115150.jpg

20180504_115210.jpg

20180504_115336.jpg

2 hours ago, beliz1985 said:

Hi, 

I've go 2 issues: Areca catechu with leaf spots and Archontophoenix Alexandrea with dunno what. That fungal or whichever disease just killed one of its leaves and I can see these spots on other petioles. As I read here, hydrogen peroxide is very effective. I've bought 3% H. Peroxide. How would I treat the plants? Shall I dilute the peroxide 50/50 with water or not? Spray on the spots or just water the plant pots through?

Attaching the pics!

Thanks for your help in advance :)

20180504_115136.jpg

20180504_115150.jpg

20180504_115210.jpg

20180504_115336.jpg

Fungicide spray, anyone (Copper-based, sulfur, etc...)?

1 minute ago, Palmsbro said:

I don't have any.... I bought so-called organic one, killed all my plants. No other fungicides in this deserted city lol :D

• Upvote 1

I've got Neem oil, potassium permanganate and hydrogen peroxide ... and some alcohol :D

15 hours ago, Palmsbro said:

I found one called Copper Oxychloride fungicide. Would it work? Had a chance to use it or hear anything about it? :) 

1 hour ago, beliz1985 said:

I found one called Copper Oxychloride fungicide. Would it work? Had a chance to use it or hear anything about it? :) 

Although I haven't heard tons about it, I think that your fungicide will most likely work (I would try it in your situation [however, don't use too much as too much copper can harm any plant]).

Update: 

Anyone had this problem? looks like that , doesn't smell of nothing, It seems like it's killing another leaf...:wacko:

Will fungicide help? Can I water it with it?

20180508_181415.jpg

20180508_181453.jpg

20180508_181848.jpg

I'm not an expert but my impression is that most of these fungus problems -- showing in the leaves -- are actually in the roots.

I would think that a systemic fungacide would work best.  However you could try chlorothalonil (Which is not systemic) first.

2 hours ago, beliz1985 said:

S.O.S. ..... S.O.S.....^_^

I don't know how to help at this point. :wacko:

7 minutes ago, rprimbs said:

However you could try chlorothalonil (Which is not systemic) first.

I could. But I'll try hydrogen peroxide first, I haven't got that chlorothalonil yet, will take some time to get it :)

Hmm.

I've not have the best luck with bacterial and fungal rots.

One fungicide that's recommended is "Subdue" which I hear is very effective against a wide range of fungi. The problem is that it's very very expensive, at $250 a quart (bit more than a liter).

Your picture below suggests a fungal or bacterial wilt. Normally aging leaves will be brown or golden, not that sickly gray. Sometimes plants just get that. I lost my big Parajubaea tor tor "800 pound gorilla" to something like that.

20180504_115210.jpg

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

4 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Hmm.

I've not have the best luck with bacterial and fungal rots.

One fungicide that's recommended is "Subdue" which I hear is very effective against a wide range of fungi. The problem is that it's very very expensive, at $250 a quart (bit more than a liter).

Your picture below suggests a fungal or bacterial wilt. Normally aging leaves will be brown or golden, not that sickly gray. Sometimes plants just get that. I lost my big Parajubaea tor tor "800 pound gorilla" to something like that.

20180504_115210.jpg

Thanks Dave. Unfortunately I cannot afford it lol I'll do my best with the stuff I've got :)