• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dypsis lutescens seed for sale

NOT A TA

The garden elf noticed the Dypsis seed is ripe!

Almost every palm lover has or had some of these at some point. Like many others my first palms were Dypsis lutescens from a big box store in New England.  I kept them as a potted plant for years till moving South and then set them free to grow in the yard as a specimen clump seen in pic below. Great palm for starting from seed easily, grow outdoor zone 10 or higher and does well as an indoor potted plant, they're also tolerant of less than perfect conditions. While they're sold as indoor potted plants virtually everywhere, some folks want to grow their plants from seed and I haven't seen seed for sale here so I figured I'd collect some fresh seed since they're ready now and see if any of you wanted them cheap. To make things simple for buyers I set up the seed as products in my online store so no need for PMs and all that back & forth stuff. Just click the link for 50 or 100 seed and you can pay securely with all the normal forms of payment.

$8.00 for 50 seeds including shipping in the continental USA. https://lab-14.com/products/z-dypsis-lutescens-palm-seed-50-seeds

12.00 for 100 seeds including shipping in the continental USA. https://lab-14.com/products/wxyz100-dypsis-lutescens-palm-seed-100-seeds

Gotta have pics so here ya go!

20190312_092038_zpsswcetio1.jpg

20190804_113738_zpsjefiggrt.jpg

20190804_110419_zpsmygcozvz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good Day, Got the 50. Thanks! Had seeds from the time of hurricane Andrew and only one palm came with me. It lived for 25 years, it was sad Andrew was his name.

Andrew 2010 copy.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZenMan 1 said:

Good Day, Got the 50. Thanks! Had seeds from the time of hurricane Andrew and only one palm came with me. It lived for 25 years, it was sad Andrew was his name.

Hope the new ones do well for ya!

One pack of 100 left!