• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Livingstonia Chinensis(seedling) for SALE!

Little Tex

All on third or fourth leaf, bare root unless you can pay extra for the shipping

Parent was a 2021 survivor, these are a little over a year old, 

NO PICKUP as of now, might change

8 dollars each(4th) 6 dollars(3rd) (if this is too high please make an offer)

I have about 70

PM for offers ask here for info

P1020075.JPG

Lucas

18 minutes ago, Jeff zone 8 N.C. said:

Do you have a pic of the parent survivor?

924F4048-AA8B-46CF-B718-6852A38382ED.thumb.jpeg.c9fee340425d1bcfcabd28dcfabfe916.jpeg

they are pups it’s too small to make seed, but this way it is 100% same dna

• Like 1

Lucas

4 hours ago, Little Tex said:

they are pups it’s too small to make seed, but this way it is 100% same dna

Livistona chinensis are solitary palms that doesn't produce pups/suckers.  What other palms are growing nearby?

Jon Sunder

38 minutes ago, Fusca said:

Livistona chinensis are solitary palms that doesn't produce pups/suckers.  What other palms are growing nearby?

Nothing but more livingstona chinensis and cidp are you sure? This one was a triple trunk 2 of them died in the freeze the neighbors are okay. There was two big queens and a washie but there dead. They grew right around the palm and there is ones growing right out of the side of the trunk, 

Lucas

3 hours ago, Little Tex said:

Nothing but more livingstona chinensis and cidp are you sure? This one was a triple trunk 2 of them died in the freeze the neighbors are okay. There was two big queens and a washie but there dead. They grew right around the palm and there is ones growing right out of the side of the trunk, 

Absolutely sure.  They are often sold in multiples at big box stores and nurseries just like Chamaedorea elegans and Phoenix roebelinii.  There are several threads regarding separation of multiples.  Here's mine (currently flowering):

IMG_20220306_182520.jpg

They're quite common here and they're usually planted as singles like mine is.  Your seedlings are likely volunteers from a neighbor's tree.

Jon

Edited by Fusca

Jon Sunder

57 minutes ago, Fusca said:

Absolutely sure.  They are often sold in multiples at big box stores and nurseries just like Chamaedorea elegans and Phoenix roebelinii.  There are several threads regarding separation of multiples.  Here's mine (currently flowering):

IMG_20220306_182520.jpg

They're quite common here and they're usually planted as singles like mine is.  Your seedlings are likely volunteers from a neighbor's tree.

Jon

Well then!, Parent is still a freeze survivor! :laugh2:

Lucas

1 hour ago, Little Tex said:

Well then!, Parent is still a freeze survivor! :laugh2:

That's true!  :) If you aren't familiar with Palmpedia it's a great resource for all things palmy.  Check out the first statement under "Description".  They left out the "r" in "solitary" but you get the idea.  My palm set seed last year but did not the year before and looks like it won't this year either.

https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Livistona_chinensis

Jon Sunder

I have 4 Livistonia Chinensis that survived 4F and a week at or below 32F, unprotected.  2 are not very big because they were shaded out by larger ones. One medium one left, and 1 Large one that has about 10-15Ft of trunk. I am not sure why it hasn't flowered yet. I think they were all the same age, sun had a big difference in their growth.  Mine were those 1 gallon pots with multiples that were around $5 20ish years ago. I had about 10 die.

Edited by Collectorpalms
  • Like 1

Current Texas Gardening Zone 9a, Mean (1999-2024): 22F Low/104F High. Yearly Precipitation 39.17 inches.

Extremes: Low Min 4F 2021, 13.8F 2024. High Max 112F 2011/2023, Precipitation Max 58 inches 2015, Lowest 19 Inches 2011.

Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXCOLLE465

Ryan (Paleoclimatologist Since 4 billion Years ago, Meteorologist/Earth Scientist/Physicist Since 1995, Savy Horticulturist Since Birth.)

Not a lot of people want to buy them, hmm, ill have to lower the price

Lucas

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure these are well grown, unfortunately you can walk into any houston garden center and pick a 5g pot with multiples in it for 20$ Yours im sure would be better since they have never been pot bound. 

T J 

T J 

The problem is you don't know what these are.  They are not babies from the palm in the first picture.  I'd be interested in Livistona but I don't think that's what you have here.

• Like 1

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

3 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

The problem is you don't know what these are.  They are not babies from the palm in the first picture.  I'd be interested in Livistona but I don't think that's what you have here.

Well, there was three trunks, one was 10 feet of trunk, the other 8 feet, We cut them down because they died, they were cut about a month ago. The seedlings were there when I moved in, but only one trunk was still alive, There is no other palms for about 500 feet, and all the seedlings are around the trunk, nowhere else. I'm very certain there L.Chinensis

image.png.dc092ed37478aae2c6744a753c3da9b4.png

Lucas