• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community. Ā By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no ā€œcatches,ā€ and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society.Ā - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide.Ā Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Enc. Arenarius X Horridus

Sr. Califas

I have a few Encephalartos arenarius X horridus about 2+ inches.Ā  Winter specialĀ šŸ˜Ā šŸ˜‰Ā $100. each.

Pick up in SoCal.

Ā 

IMG_9084.jpg

IMG_9085.jpg

IMG_9086.jpg

IMG_9087.jpg

IMG_9088.jpg

These are a steal! When Kevin Weaver made these, I bought a few. I have one that looks like a blue arenarius (no horridus traits) but another that is a real winner, shown below.

Ā 

Dale ā€” this would be a great addition to your yard!

Ā 

Hereā€™s one of mine. This photo hardly captures its beauty! This was taken in June.

Ā 

6005F012-87C7-4E40-B685-4E078D8A9A21.thumb.jpeg.85ed4e0280a261b01b4e3774e7bf8894.jpeg

• Like 1

The two in the photos have been claimed. I have at least two more of the same size and quality. Just message me if Ā interested. Ā Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Plant underneath your bedroom windows! Ward off peeping Toms!Ā  šŸ˜„

Seriously though.....really beautiful plants!

@Josue DiazĀ Hereā€™s the one I picked up from @Sr. CalifasĀ a month or so ago. Still havenā€™t planted it out as Iā€™m not sure exactly where itā€™s going. Iā€™d love it to be in the front yard cuz itā€™s going to be so cool looking when mature but Iā€™ve got quite a few other Encephalartos in the blue form there. Iā€™ll figure it out.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s keeping company with a potted Enc. Lehmanii hybrid thatā€™s trying to correct itself. Needs another flush.Ā 
Ā 

Anyone looking for an Encephalartos in the SoCal area, definitely hit up Gabriel. Heā€™s got tons.Ā 
Ā 

-daleĀ 

79F5977A-49CC-4594-8300-7B9AEDDAAD3E.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Billeb said:

@Josue DiazĀ Hereā€™s the one I picked up from @Sr. CalifasĀ a month or so ago. Still havenā€™t planted it out as Iā€™m not sure exactly where itā€™s going. Iā€™d love it to be in the front yard cuz itā€™s going to be so cool looking when mature but Iā€™ve got quite a few other Encephalartos in the blue form there. Iā€™ll figure it out.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s keeping company with a potted Enc. Lehmanii hybrid thatā€™s trying to correct itself. Needs another flush.Ā 
Ā 

Anyone looking for an Encephalartos in the SoCal area, definitely hit up Gabriel. Heā€™s got tons.Ā 
Ā 

-daleĀ 

79F5977A-49CC-4594-8300-7B9AEDDAAD3E.jpeg

Those are both super nice. I'd love to plant a nice blue cycad in the front yard but I'm afraid it would be stolen. I've had nice agave (titanota and victoria-reginae) pulled out of the ground, as well as other nice echeveria. Anything valuable stays in the back yard now

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Josue Diaz said:

Those are both super nice. I'd love to plant a nice blue cycad in the front yard but I'm afraid it would be stolen. I've had nice agave (titanota and victoria-reginae) pulled out of the ground, as well as other nice echeveria. Anything valuable stays in the back yard now

What kind of world do we live in that this has become the case smh Very unfortunate to not be able to plant anything of value in the front yard what a shameĀ 

T JĀ 

T JĀ 

Friends of mine throughout southern California have had Encephalartos stolen from their yards at least as long as I've been collecting, going back to 1982.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, GeneAZ said:

as long as I've been collecting, going back to 1982.

This is so unfortunateĀ 

T JĀ 

T JĀ