• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mule palm uk

Mattpalm28

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can get a mule palm or any other butia hybrids? I’ve been after one for ages! I have seeds that I got shipped from America but so such luck as of yet, any information would be much appreciated 

On 8/7/2023 at 7:39 PM, Mattpalm28 said:

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can get a mule palm or any other butia hybrids? I’ve been after one for ages! I have seeds that I got shipped from America but so such luck as of yet, any information would be much appreciated 

I think Canarius has one, or some, but that would require the effort of importing it into to the UK. 

They are readily available in the EU, mostly at larger sizes in many nurseries. But idk if they would be too expensive and if duty and strict sanitary laws would be an issue.

10 hours ago, Hortulanus said:

They are readily available in the EU, mostly at larger sizes in many nurseries. But idk if they would be too expensive and if duty and strict sanitary laws would be an issue.

Because of the palm weevil they need to be grown in an enclosed/protected area or face 2 years of quarantine. I know Canarius meets those requirements as the palms there are grown outside in a protected netted area.  A lot of EU places don't ship to the UK now unfortunately 

• Like 1