• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Chamadorea Ernesti augusti in my garden

happypalms

One of the most spectacular chameadorea varietie ernesti augusti with its fish tail shaped leaf an easy one to grow palm shade and water they take temperatures as low as 2 degrees a must have for any understory spot in the garden 

IMG_8256.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg

IMG_8276.jpeg

IMG_8253.jpeg

IMG_8281.jpeg

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_7882.jpeg

IMG_8094.jpeg

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_7905.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_6960.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, happypalms said:

take temperatures as low as 2 degrees

Your talking Celsius correct ? This is another chamaedorea sp. that I want but haven't been willing to spend the high price on yet = / You have an amazing garden. 

T J 

T J 

5 minutes ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Your talking Celsius correct ? This is another chamaedorea sp. that I want but haven't been willing to spend the high price on yet = / You have an amazing garden. 

T J 

Yes Celsius thanks on the garden 30 years collecting palms I live in the Australian bush guests are amazed  a true resort garden my collection is small in comparison to other collections but for subtropical not to bad for what is available in my area up to around 170 varieties of palms in my collection and counting on more to get as they become more available via mail order or seeds 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, happypalms said:

around 170 varieties of palms in my collection

Can't wait to see the rest of your garden. 

T J 

T J 

23 minutes ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Can't wait to see the rest of your garden. 

T J 

Here’s a start another ernesti Cham in a container 

IMG_8431.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, happypalms said:

Here’s a start another ernesti Cham in a container 

IMG_8431.jpeg

Loving your recent updates. This is another one that grows really strongly down here in Melbourne. Proven down to at least -2C here with no significant damage. Here’s mine in the ground (also got about 30-40 seedlings)

IMG_7134.jpeg

Tim Brisbane

Patterson Lakes, bayside Melbourne, Australia

Rarely Frost

2005 Minimum: 2.6C,  Maximum: 44C

2005 Average: 17.2C, warmest on record.

32 minutes ago, tim_brissy_13 said:

Loving your recent updates. This is another one that grows really strongly down here in Melbourne. Proven down to at least -2C here with no significant damage. Here’s mine in the ground (also got about 30-40 seedlings)

IMG_7134.jpeg

Nice one can definitely see the cold weather affect still a beautiful palm you have