• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Chamaedorea geonomiformis flowers

happypalms

My geonomiformis are flowering again I do get viable seeds of them another beautiful chamaedorea species well worth growing a tough palm that goes in any garden corner or understory pocket either way they are a lovely little palm 

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg

• Like 6

That's another one I haven't got. Almost like a green metallica.

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

8 hours ago, peachy said:

That's another one I haven't got. Almost like a green metallica.

When I have a spare one peachy I will let you know I love chamaedorea palms 

2 hours ago, happypalms said:

When I have a spare one peachy I will let you know I love chamaedorea palms 

I have to sell my C oblongata and C tepejilote.  They got so tall so quickly and now they have reached the patio roof too.  I still have nowhere shaded enough to  plant them. The baby Wedellianum I got from you has grown very rapidly and is so pretty and bushy.  I had a 4cm C linearis from Tim about the same time and it's now grown enough for a pot and a space in the shade house.

Peachy

27.35 south.

10 hours ago, peachy said:

I have to sell my C oblongata and C tepejilote.  They got so tall so quickly and now they have reached the patio roof too.  I still have nowhere shaded enough to  plant them. The baby Wedellianum I got from you has grown very rapidly and is so pretty and bushy.  I had a 4cm C linearis from Tim about the same time and it's now grown enough for a pot and a space in the shade house.

Peachy

If I get an overgrown plant in my collection in the greenhouse it just simply get# planted in my garden the feathe4 palm ar3 quite fast growing Tim has some good healthy plants I got a few varieties of him a# well

• Like 1

Yes but you have a garden, I have a dunny size back yard

27.35 south.

19 hours ago, peachy said:

Yes but you have a garden, I have a dunny size back yard

Yes indeed I do lucky to have that I also have a lot of work maintaining it as well but that’s a labour of love for my plants 

• Like 1

ernesti-augustii looks similar but with bigger bifid leaves and more spectacular. Key to the success is however that the garden must be spared from strong wind, which unfortunately is not the case with my own garden. 

Here are pictures of male and female specimens of this sp in a wind protected garden in southern Attica.

20230317_200241.thumb.jpg.cc4dbabd83aea1569f8adf72f06dc41a.jpg20230317_200218.thumb.jpg.fe7549161cc1d0c9fe6ffb043d2d74cb.jpg

2 hours ago, Phoenikakias said:

ernesti-augustii looks similar but with bigger bifid leaves and more spectacular. Key to the success is however that the garden must be spared from strong wind, which unfortunately is not the case with my own garden. 

Here are pictures of male and female specimens of this sp in a wind protected garden in southern Attica.

20230317_200241.thumb.jpg.cc4dbabd83aea1569f8adf72f06dc41a.jpg20230317_200218.thumb.jpg.fe7549161cc1d0c9fe6ffb043d2d74cb.jpg

Nice palms strong and healthy plants have a look at chamaedorea Tenella it’s even more beautiful but in miniature wind they don’t like and blasting with the hose is not good either