• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

carpoxylon macrospermum / copernicia fallaensis / delonix regia var. flavida & var. "golden" seedlings.

Visgoth

I have 15 carpoxylon macrospermum seedlings for sale asking $20 each. Going pinnate.
2 copernicia fallaensis seedlings for sale $30 each.
2 delonix regia var. flavida in five gallon pots for sale $40 each
And finally I have 3 delonix regia var. "golden" for sale asking $30 each. (The delonix are going dormant excuse the lack of leaves.)
image.thumb.jpeg.28104cc922a13c594b1c66da62db0850.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aca065b6dc62cf7d42385a108bd94fd5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ffefc45389ba92e41e16a32b8ba4709c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7b886caa0e3e6f6158f9064194fb585d.jpeg

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Cash is preferred.

Pickup only. South Orlando.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cbigler said:

What’s the golden form of delonix Regia?

It's the orange flowering variant. It's apparently the most "robust" growing of the delonix regia variants.  And about as rare in cultivation as flavida.  Flavida being a bright and distinct pure yellow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Visgoth said:

It's the orange flowering variant. It's apparently the most "robust" growing of the delonix regia variants.  And about as rare in cultivation as flavida.  Flavida being a bright and distinct pure yellow. 

Like this one? I’ve been trying to figure out what this one is called. 

IMG_8216.jpeg

Just now, Cbigler said:

Like this one? I’ve been trying to figure out what this one is called. 

IMG_8216.jpeg

That is "flavida" the yellow flowering one. Here is a good example of "golden" (the orange one) with the normal red one in the background providing some context on the difference. image.jpeg.2967b7ba3382da00161eda0d8a0781b0.jpeg

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Visgoth said:

That is "flavida" the yellow flowering one. Here is a good example of "golden" (the orange one) with the normal red one in the background providing some context on the difference. image.jpeg.2967b7ba3382da00161eda0d8a0781b0.jpeg

I can see the color variation now. Although my picture is not that great and the way I see it looks more orange to me. I’m going to be collecting seed when they are ready. 

On the 2 Copernicia fallaensis seedlings, I wish there was a way to  "twist your arm" to make you consider shipping them here.

Hi 68°, Lo 36°

Casas Adobes - NW of Tucson since July 2014

formerly in the San Carlos region of San Diego

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm over the yellow and golden Poincianas, but there's a good chance that their flower color would not resemble the mother plants if there are other Poincianas in the area. Even if self pollinated, the resulting offspring will display some degree of seedling variation. The only certain way of insuring color is by grafting or air-layering.

• Like 1

I grew these from seeds purchased from a reputable seller, but yes I guess you won't technically know the color till they begin flowering as mature trees. I'd be surprised if they weren't what they were reported to me as. Which tbh could be said about many species and hybrids being sold here so.

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 10:59 AM, Visgoth said:

I have 15 carpoxylon macrospermum seedlings for sale asking $20 each. Going pinnate.
2 copernicia fallaensis seedlings for sale $30 each.
2 delonix regia var. flavida in five gallon pots for sale $40 each
And finally I have 3 delonix regia var. "golden" for sale asking $30 each. (The delonix are going dormant excuse the lack of leaves.)
image.thumb.jpeg.28104cc922a13c594b1c66da62db0850.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aca065b6dc62cf7d42385a108bd94fd5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ffefc45389ba92e41e16a32b8ba4709c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7b886caa0e3e6f6158f9064194fb585d.jpeg

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Cash is preferred.

Pickup only. South Orlando.

I need to start selling these, so I am knocking off some dollars from the prices. Here are the new prices:

10 carpoxylon macrospermum seedlings for sale asking $10 each. Nearly all have gone pinnate.
2 copernicia fallaensis seedlings for sale $20 each.
2 delonix regia var. flavida in five gallon pots for sale $20 each
And finally I have 3 delonix regia var. "golden" for sale asking $15 each.

The Delonix regia are currently dormant and leafless but are showing first signs of waking up for spring. Every one of these really needs to be potted up or ideally - as spring is beginning now in the Florida peninsula - planted in ground.