• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Caryota maxima

happypalms

My Caryota is starting to push through the canopy above the gums it’s quite a height to reach above the gums it’s around 20 years old and will still get bigger in time 

IMG_2717.jpeg

IMG_2716.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Sorry , It is hard to see due to the other trees and dark images . They do get quite large, an exiting palm to grow due to the size of the fronds. I also like the Himilayana , I have one that is towering above the Gigas. Harry

1 hour ago, Harry’s Palms said:

Sorry , It is hard to see due to the other trees and dark images . They do get quite large, an exiting palm to grow due to the size of the fronds. I also like the Himilayana , I have one that is towering above the Gigas. Harry

Hi Harry it has always been difficult to photograph the palm in its current setting photographs don’t show the immense size of this palm but still a great palm to have and grow and the connection with the Himalayas kinda makes it even more special 

• Like 1

I had to get a tree removed for various reasons so a great photo opportunity to take of the maxima 20 meters in the air is great view point in a cherry picker 

IMG_2781.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_2772.jpeg

• Like 5

I had one of these in my old garden, growing quite happily.  I went to the Mt Coot-tha botanic gardens one day and saw the size of a fully grown specimen. They are a gigantic palm and definitely wrong for a suburban garden, so sadly I had to dig up one of the healthiest palms I have ever owned.

Peachy

Edited by peachy
bad spelling

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

21 hours ago, peachy said:

I had one of these in my old garden, growing quite happily.  I went to the Mt Coot-tha botanic gardens one day and saw the size of a fully grown specimen. They are a gigantic palm and definitely wrong for a suburban garden, so sadly I had to dig up one of the healthiest palms I have ever owned.

Peachy

Hi peachy they are such impressive palms the only regret I had with my one is I should have put it in the open to get full view of it not under the gum trees and its definitely not a palm for a suburban garden 🪴 

• Like 1