• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Name this Palm Please

Cindy Adair

My daughter has asked me to identify a palm in her neighbor’s Long Beach, California yard. 

IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.94f664e3380e8d8832ec014c6f20425f.jpeg

Rather than guess wrong, I am asking you all to help out. 

IMG_1211.thumb.jpeg.f97b35cf304b6708f583309a09864657.jpeg

IMG_1212.thumb.jpeg.cf530270055b3a320ca0c3bc0a6976f2.jpeg

IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.b25236e50e35ce23f0956ebcdb645b87.jpeg

IMG_1210.thumb.jpeg.a51f0e89a1885e93d9afc370f06ed12a.jpeg

IMG_1209.thumb.jpeg.0f969942684031d4828b8a016f9916cc.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Cindy Adair

Archontophoenix cunninghamiana

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

That was my guess but the ox beetles have eaten everyone I planted here in PR before they ever made seed. 

Thanks!

Cindy Adair

The good old bangalow by the millions in my part of Australia a great pioneer palm birds love the seeds you will see them sprouting everywhere even in the commercial garden compost for sale now there are a lot of blueberry farms around my area they are slowly changing there habitat germinating in places not seen before due the birds changing habitat feeding areas when the forest are logged (which they never should be) they are one of the first palms to start to regenerate the area partially near gullies not a lot on ridge tops but in the wet areas as well I love them one great Australian palm that is iconic to the the east coast of Australia from plateau temperate rainforest to the sea often growing just behind the sand dunes near the coast often underrated by palm collectors sold by the thousands to chain stores even for sale in Woolworths food stores and so easy to grow also from what I see quite popular overseas with palm enthusiasts I even seen them growing in the Punjab in India tough as nails to grow in India but I do see they are a weed in Hawaii like any plant out of it’s habitat the potential to become a weed is there but a fantastic all round palm that you can’t go past for the tropical look 🌱

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

• Like 4

PT is great with quick answers and pictures and information.

Thanks so much. I have let my daughter know. 

Cindy Adair

I am a little over an hour north of Long Beach and my Bungalos have the same seeds forming. They are very nice palms , self cleaning . They love water! Harry

• Like 1