• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The garden looking good after some good rain

happypalms

With some good rainfall the garden certainly has appreciated it. Also with the weather warming up and the soil temperature starting to increase. The plants metabolic rate has increased with some good growth and colour with the bonus of a few spring flowers adding a bit more colour. I will see how summer turns out this year hopefully some good rainfall to help out the irrigation schedule.

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0583.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

• Like 7

I can see so many great looking palms looking quite natural in the setting you provided. The Snap Dragons are brilliant! Harry

24 minutes ago, Harry’s Palms said:

I can see so many great looking palms looking quite natural in the setting you provided. The Snap Dragons are brilliant! Harry

I love my snapdragons along with gerberas and carnations I prefer perranial flowers less work. Iam in landscape mode at the moment renovating the garden with all the new palms I have, but there’s always room for more joeys in the garden. I have grand plans in that little corner of my mind that I need a map to find always peering out with that landscaping eye for the future. 
Richard 

10 hours ago, Harry’s Palms said:

The “Snaps” reseed here and pop back up the following year. Harry

I wish my ones would reseed. It might be the cold dormant soil you have that triggers it. I was in Canada once on the Great Plains and was fortunate enough to see the black eyed  Susan’s in summer along with all the other prairie flowers I will never forget that experience, i shall return one day to Canada.

9 hours ago, FlaPalmLover said:

I don't know if garden is the right word. That's more of a tropical forest! Looks great, though.

Thanks there about two and a half acres of maintained tropical forest as you call it. And iam renovating it daily with more plants than you can poke a stick at. A nursery full of them!

Looks great! It must be nice to meander through.

Waiting for the rain to show up out here hopefully at the end of the month. It will be welcomed. Enjoy spring!

Oakley, California

55 Miles E-NE of San Francisco, CA

Solid zone 9, I can expect at least one night in the mid to low twenties every year.

Hot, dry summers. Cold, wet winters.

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

Looks great! It must be nice to meander through.

Waiting for the rain to show up out here hopefully at the end of the month. It will be welcomed. Enjoy spring!

It is fun to just go out and wander through. I love it just on dusk my favourite time in the garden. Spring is a welcome sight for the garden and the tropical plants I have.

3 hours ago, happypalms said:

It is fun to just go out and wander through. I love it just on dusk my favourite time in the garden. Spring is a welcome sight for the garden and the tropical plants I have.

No doubt, it's work, work, work everywhere you look. I have a tiny plot and it seems that way as ai look at all the things that need to be done (one of these days)- you have some room to stretch out, quadruple the work! Glad you get some time to relax and enjoy it. Cheers! 

Oakley, California

55 Miles E-NE of San Francisco, CA

Solid zone 9, I can expect at least one night in the mid to low twenties every year.

Hot, dry summers. Cold, wet winters.

19 hours ago, Patrick said:

No doubt, it's work, work, work everywhere you look. I have a tiny plot and it seems that way as ai look at all the things that need to be done (one of these days)- you have some room to stretch out, quadruple the work! Glad you get some time to relax and enjoy it. Cheers! 

To me it’s not work it’s relaxing. I have a job as well and the hardest thing about going to work for the day is getting out of bed and going to work